- Employee Type Full-Time
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Other
- Experience Not Specified
- Date Posted: 06/10/2017
Business Partner for Support Services - Rentokil
Business Partner for Support & Back Office
This role will serve as a Business Partner for Support & Back Office (BPS&BO) is the interface between IT and the NA Business. The purpose of this role is to work with the business developing and owning the Back Office Systems Roadmap the primarily relates to Contract Master Data and the overall architecture of our Master Data Management They are also required to define and deliver tactical improvements to current systems for specific business needs that are not on the Strategic Roadmap and do not detract from that strategy. To achieve both the delivery of both strategic and tactical solutions they will need to develop business cases, gather requirements, work with developers and 3rd parties to ensure we deliver on cost, time, quality and transitions the completed product to service.
This role requires both delivery of new applications/solutions and the enhancement of existing, the BPS&BO will become the Product Owner for each of these these applications
The BPS&BO serves as the relationship link between the Business and IT, they are to provides valued support and guidance through key IT initiatives and tactical opportunities. It is the BPS&BO’s role to communicate decisions, priorities and relevant application information regarding both direction and development progress.
They proactively share knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of the Business through the user of BI and systems integration. They partner with business leadership and other key stakeholders to define opportunities and identify and prioritize projects based on predefined criteria (e.g. return on investment, productivity, compliance).
The BPS&BO proactively serves as a “trusted advisor,” and is the primary IT point of contact to the Business. They operate as the key contact representing IT in promoting IT services and capabilities. The BPS&BO drives to deliver technology solutions that meet the needs of the business.
The BPS&BO balances their focus between strategic and tactical initiatives, they strive to understand market challenges, including business drivers, customer priorities and competitive issues.
BPS&BO should be proactive and anticipatory in their thinking. They are, by nature, driven and provide significant value to business units. They serve a lead role in enabling the business to achieve their objectives through the effective use of technology.
Primary of Key
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Act as the key liaison across Business, Project Teams, Rentokil NA IT, Global Rentokil IT and third parties
- Create shared vision of their respective solutions and facilitate decision making and arbitration relating to trade-offs both within and between different solution platforms.
- Partner with key staff members within Business and Project Teams to to help align timing and strategic solutions with operational business plans.
- Identify, screen and evaluate new solution opportunities to address unmet requirements.
- Perform business analysis, requirements gathering, and landscape mapping
- Work with technical experts to develop solution concepts to prepare recommendations and drive the development of business cases for new investments.
- Utilize the appropriate technologies and ensure that customers have the solutions they need, when they need them, and in the media best suited to their requirements.
- Work with Service Owners to develop and implement product phase-in-phase-out plans, proactively anticipating gaps and overlaps within the portfolio as part of an overall roadmap.
- Create consensus with other functions as to the timing of solution introductions and withdrawals.
- Collaborate with management to develop annual budgets for BI and Integration solutions.
- Drive Collaborate with global architecture and operations teams to ensure solution compatibility with company standards and best practice.
- Collaborate with the Project Management Office to make sure Projects have the required governance and meet the documented success criteria .
- Responsible for the development and implementation of solution roadmaps and to ensure successful introductions across the organization and with customers.
- Create and analyze relevant information and develop recommendations that they present to senior management.
- Continue to review the project's success criterias to confirm we are maximize the positive impact on the organization, if performance does not meet our high standards then
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Ability to successfully Negotiation
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance
- Operational execution excellence
- Nimble lean thinking to drive change that enables efficiencies and drives growth
- Systems thinking
- Team and collaboration orientation
- Problem solving; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Performance driven
- Learning orientation
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Effective written/verbal communication skills
Program of Study
High School Diploma or GED
Years of Experience
Type of Experience
IT and Business Process
While BPS&BO will have a Rentokil North America Base Office they will have the option of working from home providing they are able to deliver their objectives. In addition they will also require to spend some time traveling to other offices / locations for training and meetings. There may be overnight travel required, extensive driving, etc.
Work Schedule: This role tends to have normal office work hours you may have to interact with colleagues in different timezones so flexibility so as to make early or late meetings may be required.
Compensation & Incentives
- Competitive Base Compensation
- Company paid laptop and cell phone
- Full benefits package includes paid time off, health, dental, vision, 401(K) match, life insurance
We are Proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Link to Federal employment poster: