- Employee Type Full-Time
- Location Wyomissing, PA
- Category Finance, Accounting
- Experience Not Specified
- Date Posted: 06/10/2017
Collections Portfolio Analyst - Rentokil
The Collections Portfolio Analyst is a position on the National Accounts Team. This analyst role will be responsible for the daily monitoring and evaluation of a portfolio of business accounts with effectively collecting on past due balances with the goal of minimizing Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) and Over 90 day delinquencies. Ideal Candidates must possess excellent problem-solving and organizational skills, take initiative and meet deadlines. Consistent communication and follow up with Sales/Program Managers and other departments regarding the collection of past due accounts is essential. Candidates must have excellent verbal & written communication skills, conduct all correspondence in a clear, precise and professional manner, be assertive and possess timely follow up skills. Additionally, the candidate must be able to analyze client data for specific insights that will enable the client to make better collection decisions. The Collections Portfolio Analyst reports to the Manager of Credit & Collections, National Accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Manage every aspect of the assigned portfolio for the customer and Rentokil’s benefit.
- Research and resolve customer disputes that are preventing payment, working with the most delinquent accounts as first priority.
- Establishes productive, professional and consultative relationships with key personnel throughout assigned client organizations (at both the franchise and corporate level).
- Proactively assess, clarify, validate customer needs and add value to customers programs on an ongoing basis.
- Work as part of the National Accounts team with support to billing, sales and program management efforts.
- Perform weekly review of assigned accounts with detailed reporting to assess payments, past due A/R, billing portal rejections and open services to be billed.
- Must display critical thinking skills, including the ability to assess numbers, trends, and data in order to reach new conclusions based on the findings.
- Perform Account/Payment and Invoicing to Portal reconciliations.
- Maintain precise information on status of collection efforts through gathered data, analyze results and provide ongoing reports.
- Suggests new methods of data capture, analysis and reporting to provide continuous improvement and value to clients served.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, and/or background required.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or a related field progressive experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in a combination of credit, collections, AR and/or billing.
- Experience working on aged accounts in a B2B environment is required with excellent knowledge of credit/collections principles.
- Must have the creativity, ingenuity and flexibility to adapt to each business account’s situation in an unscripted call.
- Ability to demonstrate data analysis skill and ability to apply this to credit analysis.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to perform independently in high pressure and dynamic situations with skill and tact and still be part of a working team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and sound decision making skills.
- Detail-oriented with a very high level of accuracy.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet applications, including advanced Excel skills (VLOOKUPs and Pivot Tables).
- Working knowledge with Google applications (docs, sheets, calendar, drive, etc.).
- Good working knowledge of computerized systems is required.
Additional Information: We are Proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Link to Federal employment poster:
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision