- Employee Type Full-Time
- Location Santa Fe Springs, CA
- Category Transportation
- Experience Not Specified
- Date Posted: 06/19/2017
Lead Driver - Commercial w/CDL B & Hazmat Endorsement - Target
The Lead Driver for TSP shall be an experienced driver with a minimum of
3+ years, and will be responsible for the daily functions of all TSP drivers. The Lead Driver shall be an encouraging and motivating force to inspire our drivers to drive smaft and safely, while representing TSP.
Qualities and skills shall include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership and guidance. Lead driver shall lead by example and hold other drivers accountable for their actions.
- Responsible for the safe operations of TSP vehicles and safe driving practices of our drivers.
- Lead and conduct tailgate meetings.
- Make sure proper documentation is in place, such as TSP drivers being signed off on proper trucks and equipment
- Training of new drivers
- Monthly spot checks of vehicles for proper equipment and documents, such as 'Blue Books', DVR's
- Communication skills. Make sure all TSP drivers have necessary tools and equipment for daily deliveries. Shall review daily route with each driver, each morning to ensure smooth delivery process.
- All drivers will arrange vacation requests through the lead driver.
- Sick day notification will be communicated to the lead driver. Also make sure Drivers take lunch at appropriate time. ( before the 5th hour on the clock each day )
- Email. Ability to check and respond to email daily and respond within 1 business day.
- Decision making skills. Anticipating delivery situations, Driver needs and offer solutions.
- Trucks/ Fleet. Lead Driver shall be the liaison for TSP with Penske and coordinate maintenance of fleet.
Additional Information: We are Proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Link to Federal employment poster:
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision