- Employee Type Full-Time
- Location Bloomington, MN
- Category Management, Strategy - Planning
- Experience Not Specified
- Date Posted: 06/02/2017
Strategic Account Manager - Steritech
Steritech is the market leader in food safety, quality assurance, and customer experience management and the second-largest commercial-only pest prevention provider in North America. We serve more than 60,000 clients, and pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to many of the world's leading brands across industries as diverse as manufacturing, processing, distribution, retail, food service, and hospitality. We are extremely proud of our legacy of service excellence and constantly work to enhance the value and impact of our services.
The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) role is an account management position on the Customer Care Team, reporting to the Director, Strategic Account Management or Vice President of Strategic Accounts. The primary focus of this position is to build positive, professional relationships throughout all levels of designated client organizations and to manage client expectations in order to retain and increase the volume and quality of business awarded to Steritech. An essential part of this position is orchestrating client services, pricing analysis and integrity, compilation and presentation of suitable summary and exception reporting, and the communication and escalation of issues where appropriate.
In addition, the SAM must possess an in-depth understanding of the Brand Standards business, Steritech protocols and procedures and specific customer brand requirements to ensure a high level of service to the client and to facilitate excellent communication between Steritech and all levels of the client organization.
- Establish and maintain effective professional and consultative relationships at all levels throughout assigned client organizations
- Maintain the confidence of key client contacts in order to retain and increase the volume and quality of business allocated to Steritech
- Ensure consistency and integrity of the Steritech program at all levels of the assigned client organizations. This includes pricing and service delivery
- Expeditiously respond to complaints and requests for information
- Maintain expert knowledge of Food Code, Good Manufacturing Practices, and specific customer brand requirements.
- Provide feedback through technical and/or business reviews to assigned clients on successes and opportunities in their food safety or pest program
- Communicate with Steritech management on successes, opportunities, issues, competitive initiatives, market trends and concerns with respect to assigned clients
- Provide current information related to client specific parameters to the operations team, technical team, and others who need to know
- Ensure consistency through audit reviews
- Provide feedback to the operations team concerning deficiencies in service delivery or audit inconsistencies and positive feedback from clients
- Ensure that billing and reporting are completed according to parameters agreed with clients
- Provide field training to assigned clients related to food safety or pest opportunities
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Additional Information: Required
- Bachelors degree in Business, Hospitality Management, Food Science, Biology or a business related field, and 5 years of industry related experience in the Service Industry, Food Services, hospitality, or Food Safety related industries, and 3 years strategic account management experience OR
- A high school diploma and 5 years strategic account management experience OR
- A member of the Steritech SAM team for a minimum of 2 years with completion or enrollment of the Account Management track for Brand Standards
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Well organized and disciplined in the execution of all aspects of client support and liaison
- The ability to travel extensively to meet with assigned clients
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to achieve the following in the Brand Standards Division:
- Complete Retail Auditor Training Program and pass the Retail Auditor written examination
- Acquire and maintain ServSafe certification
- Complete Advanced Food Safety Certification program
- Acquire and maintain the CP-FS credential as established by the National Environmental Health Association
- Bachelor's degree or MBA in Business, Hospitality Management, Food Science, Biology or a business related field
- Account Management experience in Food Services, Hospitality, Pest Prevention, or Food Safety related industries
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use of keyboarding - possessing the dexterity to be able to operate a keyboard and mouse; talk and hear. There is no lifting requirement associated with this position. Specific vision abilities required by the job include ability to view written correspondence via paper sources or electronic sources.
- Equipment used:
- Telephone (cell phone)
- Passenger car
- Personal computer (laptop)
- Other general office equipment
- This position may require up to 50% travel for client meetings
We are Proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Link to Federal employment poster: